Jun 15, 2011

Reminiscing About My Pregnancies (Part One)

Brandon and I have decided that this will be our last child (unless Heavenly Father intervenes). It is hard for me because I will be closing the child bearing chapter in my life. This chapter has been open for a long time. Since my early 20's and I am 35 now. The Child Rearing Chapter will be in full force. Concentrating on really being here for all of my 6 children. Raising them to be God fearing individuals and "good kids". With all that that entails.

As I sit here thinking about this being my last pregnancy, it is bittersweet for me. I feel privileged to have had 5 healthy beautiful children and another one on the way. Bringing children into this world is a blessing. I know I have done something very sacred. Bringing these special spirits from our Heavenly Father, helping them to gain a body so they can fulfill their Missions in this life. All part of the Plan of Salvation. We have planned a Home Water Birth with this baby. I am very excited and nervous. I feel very blessed from my Heavenly Father to be able to have a home birth. To be able to celebrate this birth and this "chapter" in my life. I am due in about 3 weeks, around the 4th of July.

During this pregnancy I haven't been checked to find out how dilated I am or to see if anything is "happening". When I was pregnant with Lily I was checked several times and all it did was make me frustrated, and impatient because I  was dilated and effaced for weeks before she was born. I thought any day she'll be born. Wrong she was born 2 days after her guess date.

I feel very patient in this pregnancy trying to enjoy every last minute of it. That is why I am blogging about it. I want to remember what it was like to be pregnant, since I tend to forget. As I sit here and type I am crying... Little Mark is moving and sticking his cute little butt up on my left side. He loves to stick his foot out on the right side. I am one that does miss the baby moving inside of me after they are born. It may sound crazy to some. There is no other thing like it in the world! Even holding my babies and breastfeeding I still will miss them moving inside of me. Weird I know. I even question the rational.

I slept really good a couple nights ago (the BEST sleep in a LONG time). I only got up a couple of times. However last night I went to bed about 9:30 and went to the bathroom around 11, 1, 2, 3 and finally got up to eat around 4ish :) Maybe it was the almost full moon and my body thought it was Sunlight. LOL

My ankles have swelled at times when I am on my feet a lot. My lower back is getting sore and my ligament on the sides are starting to hurt more. I am getting lots of practice contractions that I can feel more in my back. They are preparing me for the "real" thing. Just recently I have started having acid re-flux which is normal for me during the 1st and 3rd trimesters of my pregnancies. Although with this one I have been able to eat things I wasn't able to with the others. I have been able to eat tomatoes and tomato sauce, green chilies, salsa etc. Eating spicy things in the beginning suggested I was having a boy. When I was pregnant with Logan I ate sliced jalapenos! 

Before this pregnancy I worked very hard to lose over 50 pounds! Little did I know I was preparing my body to bring another child into this world. This has been one of the easiest pregnancy's I have had. I am very grateful for that. My last pregnancy I thought that i could never do that again. Brandon even recently told me that when I was pregnant with Lily it was really bad and that i could't do anything. Although I haven't been able to exercise this pregnancy I have watched what I've eaten and tried to eat as "healthy " as I can. It gets harder the more tired I get. I started out at 135 and now I am at 164 or 165! I was 162 BEFORE I got pregnant with Lily. I always weighed over 200 POUNDS by the time I delivered my other babies. So I am very proud of this accomplishment. I haven't eaten at McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, or Taco Bell! Which normally was a staple in previous pregnancies! LOL
35 weeks pregnant with Lily


Brandon and the kiddos helped do a belly cast a couple nights ago for family home evening. I stood leaning and kind of sitting on a stool for about 50 minutes. Brandon did a great job. It has to be sanded etc. before it is finished however it really shows the difference in this pregnancy and when I was pregnant with Lily.

About 37 weeks this pregnancy with Mark (LEFT)
35 Weeks Pregnant with Lily (RIGHT)



A few weeks ago when I was grocery shopping at Costco I ran into Cami Austin, who we go to church with. Well we used to go to church with her. However her family and our family go to different buildings now. Anyways, we got to chatting and she asked me if I was having a Baby Shower? I said no. She said you have to you are having a boy. I will throw you one and I'm going to call people in your Ward or Congregation for those of you who don't know what Ward means. I am so grateful that I ran into Cami that day and that she was so kind and inspired  to think of me and my baby. I had a wonderful baby shower on Saturday June 11th. Heather Carlisle, Marjorie Sprague, and Cami Austin threw it for me in a short period of time. So many people were so gracious and blessed my life with not only gifts but memories. I was so glad that I was able to celebrate this last pregnancy and celebrate this new life that I will bringing into the world shortly.
Cami
She was unable to be at the shower since her son was sick :(

Heather Me and Marjorie 


LOTS of YUMMY Food
                                                             

Faith was having so much fun!

LOTS of Clothes for Mark

My Mother in Law
Some of my Friends that Came

I realized that this last picture is the only one I have of Dana. She was taking most of the pictures. Faith and Dana were the only ones that came out of my kiddos.



My mind wonders to my past pregnancy's so bear with me. You may want to fast forward to the end if you'd like. Since this may be boring for most of you. This is more for me kind of journaling for my posterity's sake.


I'm remembering my first "pregnancy" now. I didn't know how far along I was because my periods were very irregular. I had struggled since I was a teenager with "woman" issues. Lots of BAD menstrual cramps etc. I remember I was working cleaning houses at the time of this pregnancy. I remember getting really dizzy and nauseous one day while cleaning a bathroom, which they say is a good sign in pregnancy. My Mom even got me a little Noah's Ark white onesie. It was so cute and little. My Dr. had ordered an ultrasound to figure out how far along I was. I had my husband and my Mom there when I had the ultrasound done. I was so excited. They had them stay out in the waiting room while they got things ready. So while by myself she was looking at the baby and I didn't see the monitor. The Dr. put her hand on my leg and said, "I don't know how to tell you this, but the baby never developed." I think I was maybe 10-12 weeks along. Very sad day for me. It was like I lost my first child. To me there was a baby growing inside of me. It was very difficult to think it was just a blob or cells (blighted ovum). The Dr. asked me if I wanted to tell my husband or if she should. I decided to tell him. I was also given the option of miscarrying on my own and perhaps losing a lot of blood in the process, or having a D&C. I chose a  D&C. Which meant I had to have my cervix dilated for the rest of the day until my D&C in the morning. OUCH it hurt! I had a hard time walking and was in a lot of pain.

I had the D&C the next morning and my Dr. asked if she could pray with us. She asked God to guide her hands. I was very impressed with her prayer. How many Dr's pray with their patients before surgery?

Well afterwards I remember my Church Family really stepping up to the plate. Doing our laundry bringing meals in. Sending cards and gifts. I felt that in my time of need I was being blessed with friends who helped me so much and were very comforting.


 As a child I thought that I would never be able to have children. After my "miscarriage" we moved to Texas with the Air Force.  I struggled with PCOS and had ALL kinds of tests and procedures to figure that diagnosis out.
 I had to take Clomid (well I thought I did at the time) to get pregnant with Logan.


END of Part One

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for my little buddy to arrive! It's a little sad to think about this being the end of an era...but now we have the rest of our lives to enjoy all of the different stages they will go through. You have done a great job of taking care of yourself in this pregnancy, and it's paid off. I love you honey! And by the way...what an awesome group of friends you have. Thanks to all of the ladies that came to the baby shower.

    ReplyDelete