Jul 8, 2010

Watermelon Water and Potato Soup

Watermelon Water
 You know how you have all the juice at the bottom of the bowl when you cut up watermelon and put it in the fridge? Well don't throw it away just strain it through a colander and then pour the juice into some ice cube trays and freeze them! Add the ice cubes to your water and it adds a little sweetness to your water! ENJOY :)

I had a bunch of potatoes that I needed to use before they went bad so I searched on the internet for a Vita~Mix recipe this is what I came across. I adjusted it to what ingredients I had and this is what I made! Here is the original recipe if you want to try this one.
Potato Soup
5+ (I didn't count sorry) Yukon Gold potatoes, cooked  
 3 whole green onions
1 cup  Pacific Organic Free Range Chicken Broth  
Sea salt and coarse black pepper to taste
Raw Almonds a handful 
1 1/2 cups   UNSWEETENED So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage 
 Smith's sells this Coconut Milk for 5 something....I bought it at Natural Grocers for $2.79 with a $1 off coupon that they had on it!  So the regular price there is $3.79. This won't be something I buy all the time it is too expensive without a coupon. It is WAY yummy though!





Here are all the ingredients I used


 Blend the Broth and the Coconut milk in the blender and blend it on high for a few minutes to heat it up. Then I added half the potatoes, and the rest of the ingredients and blended it on high until hot (3-4 mins) 
Cut the potatoes up however you like them and divide them up into bowls and pour the soup on them!





Logan LOVED it and so did his friend who was over playing! Logan LOVES dairy....but we don't eat dairy anymore so I have been trying new things. If he likest I know it is good. Dana on the other hand is picky about certain foods. She doesn't like potatoes so I told her she needed to eat it anyway. She said it wasn't that bad. We are growing potatoes in our back yard so we need to have some potato recipes!




He ate 2 bowls....the 2nd bowl was Faith's she doesn't like soups very much....unless there are noodles in it. Hey... I can add noodles for her next time. I made this on a whim so not much thought went into it!

I loved it! I wanted to eat another bowl but I stopped myself and had some watermelon instead.




1 comment:

  1. Just have to say that this soup is GOOD! We took some camping (with some broccoli and shredded carrots in it as well). Heated up in a Dutch Over over our campfire - it was great!

    ReplyDelete