Jul 19, 2010

Fad Diets or Life Style Change?

So this past Saturday morning I went to Walgreen's to pick up some ice for our camping trip. The cashier guy at the counter was helping me try to find some protein bars or Larabars or something like them with no sugar in it. He said, "Good luck there is sugar in everything."
I said, "We've been doing pretty well eating low sugar etc."
He said that he just lost like 60 pounds over the last year.
I said, "I lost 47 since January."
He said "How did you do it?"
I said "Diet and Exercise."
He said, "Have you ever heard of  "H"erbal Life?" (as he pronounces the H...cracked me up)
He said, " I took it and didn't even need to exercise."
I said, "I like to exercise, I enjoy it!"

He said did you see tha guy in line? He is doing the EGG DIET! I was like what is that...He said, "He eats eggs and chicken 7 times a day!"
He said You look good I don't think you need to lose anymore. (I didn't say I did.)

On my drive back home I was thinking what in the world.....taking pills to lose weight (herbal or not)  no exercising.......eating eggs 7 times a day. Come on people there is no magic to losing weight it is called a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!! Plain and simple if you want an easy way around it it won't last that long it has to be something you can do for the rest of your life. A way of life so you can be healthy. I am not saying I have all the answers or that I am perfect everyday.....I am striving to have a "lifestyle" that we can all LIVE with and be healthy.

There......I said my peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment